Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blessings of the season Part 2

Since there were too many potential pictures to post, I thought it needed to be broken up a bit. We will continue on our card journey.
These two cards were made at a friend's house so do not know the sources.


Here again is the SU Bird punch. I also used a small flower punch of unknown source.

This card was partially embossed and the embellishments. Flat laces were applied around the edges. Hearts were cut from SU's Hearts a Flutter dies and then embossed.


These stamps are from Close to My Heart Paper Garden set.

This card is a collage card of various papers. The one in the middle has been sewn on using a sewing machine zig zag. Some flat lace is glued at the bottom as are some buttons and a sentiment.


 Here again is the Paper Garden stamp set using some different colors.

A friend of mine likes Betty Boop so for her birthday I made this card using SU's Top Note die (now retired). The idea came from Pinterest. The rest of the elements are mostly die cuts and punches.

Stampin Up has a new embossing folder: Woodlands. It is fun to use as you can make it seem there are things behind the trees: could be a vehicle, other trees or in this case the mountains in the distance.

Again from Pinterest is an idea using the Mixed Bunch stamp and the Blossom punch from SU. Just stamp the flower a few times. Punch out 2 white Blossom punches. Stamp out a center.  Adhere all together and put on a matching card base.

Here is an example of a type of iris folding w/o the iris. This is just strips of cardstock behind a cutout heart that had been cut from textured card stock. I turned over the hart and then stamped a greeting on it.
I had this turned the right way up but for some reason, it wouldn't come out that way. Anyway this was a fun card to make. It is done with emboss resist. I hadn't done this technique in a while so decided to try it again. First thing is to stamp the "weeds" in versamark ink and then emboss with white embossing powder. I highlighted the flower part using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. Then I sponged Salty Ocean Distress Ink and Marvy Turquoise ink all over the card. The text is the turquoise ink stamped a few times. A strip of burlap paper is toward the bottom with a strip of flat lace glued on with a single branch glued under. Two textured die cut butterflies are glued on to the strip of burlap and lace. The idea for this is from Pinerest as are a lot of these cards.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I've done over the last few months. I haven't put all my cards up or my other projects. There are still some items to be done before Christmas plus finish my big list of Christmas cards. So I had better get to my list of "elf" duties. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas season with all the glory and awe that it involves. Blessings to you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment